Fintech & Digital Finance Chair
Université Paris-Dauphine and its foundation, along with founding partners Mazars and Crédit Agricole CIB, have created the Fintech & Digital Finance Chair with the goal of contributing to the developpement of knowledge in the fields of fintech and digital finance.
Among the many other questions raised by the emergence of financial technologies, and reflecting the digitalization of finance, this chair will focus on four main themes:
- the business model of digital finance and the role of finance-centered platforms and ecosystems (with a particular focus on the contribution of blockchain and cryptocurrencies);
- regulation, ethics, and cybersecurity;
- corporate financing, i.e. new marketplaces (e.g. crowdfunding) and funding methods (e.g. ICO and tokens);
- and the sustainability of digital finance, as well as the ethical questions it raises.
A pool of high-level experts (researchers, science committee members, PhD students, etc.) is available to expand on these themes through three types of action: research, education, and promotion.
Stakeholders in the world of fintech will be invited to the chair's various activities so that they may foster reflection, share expertise, and contribute to various projects.
Research and Training
- Funding for a PhD program in AY 2019-20
- Funding for fintech courses at Université Paris-Dauphine
- Award for the best fintech-themed article
The chair supports key events in fintech, including Paris Blockchain Week and the Cosmos/Tendermint Hackathon, helping to organize competitions that enable support for innovative projects as they launch their operations.
The chair also partners with the Paris-Dauphine incubator to assist Master's recipients in developing and financing their fintech projects.