Dauphine History

  • 2019: The university launches an ambitious project to modernize its historic Porte Dauphine campus in Paris. 
     
  • 2018: Université Paris-Dauphine begins its 50-year anniversary celebration for the academic year 2018-2019.
     
  • 2017A third campus opens in Casablanca. Thus, the university expands its global presence, already strengthened in 2016 with joint Bachelor degrees offered in Madrid, Spain and Frankfurt, Germany in addition to those offered in London.
     
  • 2015: Paris-Dauphine once again receives EQUIS accreditation for a period of five years. This distinction represents international recognition of excellence in management training.
     
  • 2014:
  • 2013: Paris-Dauphine launches SIGMA (the Social Impact and Global Management Alliance) with Singapore Management University, facilitating numerous research and training exchanges across several continents.  
     
  • 2012: New EQUIS accreditation for 3 years
     
  • 2011:
    • Paris-Dauphine becomes self-governing, thanks to the LRU (Liberties and Responsibilities of Universities) bill.
    • The Institut Pratique du Jouralisme (IJP) joins Paris-Dauphine to formIPJ Paris-Dauphine.
    • PSL is selected as an “Excellence Initiative” (IDEX) by an international jury.
  • 2010: Paris-Dauphine becomes a founding member of Paris Sciences et Lettres (PSL), created alongside world-renowned French institutes.
     
  • 2009:
    • The university is awarded the EQUIS label(European Quality for Improvement System) by EFMD Global. EQUIS is a European accreditation standard.
    • The first global campus in Tunis is unveiled.
    • Dauphine's La Défense campus inaugurated at the Pôle Léonard de Vinci site
    • The Equal Opportunities program is created.
  • 2004: Université Paris-Dauphine receives “grand établissement” status, giving up the “IX” numeral.
     
  • 1994: The building’s new wing is inaugurated, closing the “U” of the main courtyard. 
     
  • 1970: The University Center becomes Université Paris IX-Dauphine.
     
  • 1968: Under the auspices of the Education Minister Edgar Faure, the site, built in 1955 to accommodate NATO military command at Porte Dauphine, becomes The Dauphine University Center, welcoming students and teachers.
     
  • 1955-1959: Porte Dauphine buildings and grounds inaugurated as the Permanent Headquarters of NATO

Former Presidents of the Université Paris-Dauphine