Paris-Dauphine launches a Financial English Summer School in London
Paris-Dauphine’s Financial English Summer School-London will welcome its first students on June 4th. The program focuses on learning about how financial markets operate in the UK while improving students’ English language skills in the field of finance. The program’s teaching team includes professors from Cambridge and Oxford as well as lecturers from London’s major financial institutions. A defining six-week experience that prepares students to take on the London job market!
The new Summer School focuses entirely on Finance. The program is designed to provide students with an understanding of how financial markets and institutions function in the UK while helping them build the strong persuasive CV they need to find a job in London finance.
Gaining in-depth understanding of British finance
Despite the uncertainty and potential upheaval that accompany Brexit, the United Kingdom remains one of the world’s principal financial markets. During the course of the six-week program, students will explore the nature and workings of financial markets and institutions set in the context of British politics and economics, and learn about the British entrepreneurial eco-system.
Students also go through structured, intensive English language training. Classes are taught by professors from England’s prestigious Cambridge and Oxford universities, by professionals from Britain's major financial institutions, and by British experts in finance, politics, and entrepreneurship.
Building your career development skills
In addition to gaining an understanding of financial markets and improving students’ professional English, the Summer School program aims to prepare students for their job search in London’s financial community. Workshops devoted to British-style CV’s, English language presentations, and personal branding will provide students with the skills, confidence, and competitive advantage they need to get a job in London.
- Download our English-language brochure
- Download a financial aid application Mobility grants: grants cover up to £1,800, i.e. 100% of tuition
- Application deadline: May 07th, 2018
- Open to Paris-Dauphine students and students from other universities who have completed year 3 of their Bachelor’ degree (L3) or year 1 or 2 of a Master’s program (M1/M2)
- An English Language level of 6.5 on the IELTS, 90 on the TOEFL-ibt, or the equivalent
- An initial university-level degree
- A minimum of 6 weeks work experience in the financial sector (internships or jobs)
Your application must include:
- The completed application form
- A personal statement: up to 500 words, outlining what you hope to gain from the Summer School program
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) in English
- Your most recent English language test certificate